Saturday, February 19, 2005

Shoes Don't Make Us Look Fat

If you've ever wondered why women love shoes, here's your answer - shoes dont make us look fat.

But it's really not so simple.

I am a shoe fanatic; I carry a Famous Footwear rewards card wherever I go, and I probably own thirty pairs of shoes. Most of them are impractical, of course, and yet I still search for more. Its one of my few indulgences. Naturally, I found myself amongst many women shopping shoe sales post-Christmas. I tried on several pairs, just like my fellow ladies, and I tried to find meaning in my obsession with shoes. I wasn't alone. I conversed with a 50-year-old woman (who was surprisingly pulling off pink knee-high stiletto boots) about which we thought were the ugliest shoes on the sales rack. I noticed a group of girls trying on old lady shoes for kicks. I tried on purple stilettos, lime green sneakers, leopard-print boots. Realistically speaking, I wouldnt buy most of the outrageous shoes I try on, but I have always thought of trying on shoes as some type of therapy. It makes me happy, and I have often been known to go out with my girlfriends, or even alone...just to try on shoes.

Author: Stephenie Samborowski. Continued...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...how do I contact you through email

February 21, 2006 5:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good post man!Like it very..as me too the same kind of u..love to buy shoes very often..my favorite thing like to shop..

November 02, 2007 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home