Monday, February 14, 2005

SIXX WINS BATTLE OVER SHOE ADS

MOTLEY CRUE rocker NIKKI SIXX has won a $600,000 (GBP315,800) settlement in a legal battle over the unlawful use of his image in an ad for VANS shoes.

The bassist flew into a rage when he saw a photograph of himself used in advertising for the skateboard shoe and clothing giants - because he hadn't given the firm rights to use him as an endorser.

Sixx marched into court with his wife, former BAYWATCH babe DONNA D'ERRICO, on Wednesday (09FEB05) in a bid to seek justice - and won.

He tells American news show CELEBRITY JUSTICE, "Somebody has to stand up and I was willing to spend my own money and my own time... to stand up for myself and other people.

"Mostly you find that people just let it go but, with me and the guys in Motley Crue, we've never been those kind of people. We believe in standing up for our rights and hopefully we're standing up for other people's rights too."

The judgement could not have come at a better time for Sixx, who heads out on a world tour with Motley Crue today (14FEB05).

Article: Contactmusic.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there " shoeser " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

October 28, 2005 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Search engine optimization, submission and highly-targeted traffic can be found exclusively at www.TheOnlinePromoters.com

January 20, 2006 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home